Tommy John

Richard
Marketing is an organizational function to create, communicate and deliver value. Advertising specifically is the way that marketers can communicate what the product does for the consumer. This advertisement effectively communicates that TommyJohn underwear can fix a very common problem. The question is whether or not the advertisement is communicated in an ethical way. I would say that the marketing firm for Tommy John were not considering societal values while planning this one up. It is not appropriate to "fix" yourself in public. This ad definitely communicates the goals of the stakeholders, and communicates the value of the product to the consumer; however, this is clearly single-minded because of the lack of societal values depicted in the ad.

Re: Tommy John

aysiaj12
This ad was single minded. The ad was funny for young adults, specifically men, but that’s it. It was inappropriate to show multiple men and professional settings fixing themselves. If I was in a room with my family and that commercial came on I would feel extremely uncomfortable. Matter of fact someone in my family would have grab the remote and switch the channel. The point of a commercial is to get the attention of consumers. In my opinion this ad did the exact opposite. I also agree with Richard that the ad communicates the goal to the stakeholders perfectly. But because the way the ad was set up, where the men start facing themselves is in the beginning, I think it messed up the commercial entirely. If they were to switch the beginning and end of the ad, I think it would make a huge difference.

Re: Tommy John

Joshua G
Just inappropriate. Nobody wants to watch this commercial. When I think of Tommy John's two things will happen now. 1st, I will think about how unpleasant this commercial was and 2nd, I will remember that the brand name is like a certain sandwich shop and want to eat a sandwich. But I will just keep getting my pants from Costco. This video doesn't create value for the brand and doesn't meet societal values. Mindless.