Smaht Park - Hyundai Ad

David Wong
I believe this ad was very effective in marketing the highlighted feature in their cars but was done so in a humorous way. Regarding mindful marketing, I believe that it demonstrated aspects of it. Throughout the video, the characters ensured that the car was safely parked and reassured the others around them that were nervous of the car parking itself. However, the accents could be perceived as offensive to some. Overall, the ad was fun and effective in its efforts.

Re: Smaht Park - Hyundai Ad

Michael_Graham
I thought that this ad was mindful and effective. It showcased the technology well and made humor with the accents.

Re: Smaht Park - Hyundai Ad

Kyle G
I thought the hyundai ad was good.

Re: Smaht Park - Hyundai Ad

schoi
The humor in this advertisement made it a fun ad to watch. Hyundai did a great job in highlghting the feature of the car that not many cars have today.

Re: Smaht Park - Hyundai Ad

Ana Norio bran
I would say this ad does a great job of showing what mindful marketing is. Not only are they showing the quality of these new cars, but they are also showing how safe it can be to drive and park. It brings humor into it so it keeps audiences engaging with them as well as the use of well-known actors. Using well-known celebrities I think gives Hyundai an advantage because people are more likely to buy something if it is used by your favorite actors.

Re: Smaht Park - Hyundai Ad

AlissaWooley
I also agree that lighthearted, fun ads like these are often really effective. I also thought that using three big name actors was also a great way to maximize viewer engagement. I know for myself, I am more likely to watch something that involves famous people that I enjoy. There is a level of possible offense regarding the accents, but I would guess that there would be little pushback surrounding this. Overall, I thought that this ad would be received really well by the general public.

Re: Smaht Park - Hyundai Ad

Tony Yang
I also agree that the commercial should be taken lightheartedly. In my opinion, the commercial is not aiming to be offensive and is not demeaning to the Boston accent or the people. Yet, the commercial is not spotless either, and people can take it offensively. If beauty is in the eye of the beholder, the offense is taken in the eyes of the viewer.

Re: Smaht Park - Hyundai Ad

jocelynkchu
This ad was very funny. I enjoyed that they were consistent with the accent through the text and the way the actors spoke. The ad was even more interesting because it included many respected celebrities which could also increase the humor of the video. I think that they captured a common problem that people have in a humorous manner and created a solution rather than a problem. While the ad did not give the full picture of the car, it could implore the audience to look into more information on the car.

Re: Smaht Park - Hyundai Ad

jordanmiwilliams
This ad showcases Hyundai's car with good humor and celebrities back it up. The ad also upholds the societal value of safety in vehicles so as not to harm others. Because of these reasons, I think this ad is a very mindful ad that provides stockholder value and promotes brand recognition.

Re: Smaht Park - Hyundai Ad

BrandonMcClean
I agree that this ad was effective. I think it was a smart and clever way to promote the features of their vehicle, and I think they accomplished this in a mindful advertisement.

Re: Smaht Park - Hyundai Ad

jammyla
I really liked this ad. I think that the use of famous celebrities and the accents really makes it fun. Additionally its good that they didn't copy any notable accents in an offensive way. Overall this ad is mindful since it creates value for the stockholders but also upholds society values in focusing on the safety that comes with parking.

Re: Smaht Park - Hyundai Ad

Anna
I enjoyed this add I think they showed the capabilities of the car very well while also adding in a humor aspect of it. Also everyone loves John Krasinski so the ad would have been a success even if they did a terrible job with the filming and message behind the ad.

Re: Smaht Park - Hyundai Ad

jk27city
This was actually my favorite ad during the Super Bowl in which it was shown. I really like the actors that were involved in it and the humor is very funny. Also, the ad is able to showcase the product in an effective manner. I really do believe that this is mindful marketing.