Planter-Road Trip

Michael_Graham
Overall this was a simple ad but it had a semi-profound message. As Mr. Planters gave himself up for the two guys it communicated that Planters values its customers, over its own image. A comforting message in these trying times.

Re: Planter-Road Trip

Ana Norio bran
I definitely see this ad as being simple yet very mindful, a great way to encourage viewers to check out Peanuts company. I think the commercial could be a little confusing since at first watch because you aren't sure why Mr. Peanut let's go of the branch instead of the other two. When analyzing it again, I think there is an emphasize on the loyalty the company offers its customers and are willing to put them first which I think is very important.

Re: Planter-Road Trip

IsaacLay
I agree that this ad was simple and I think that it included a straight forward message. In my opinion, these kinds of ads are effective because customers want to feel cared for a valued by the companies that they buy from. I also think that they understand the need for a positive and lighthearted message during lockdown and how they may strike people on a deeper level than another type of sarcastic or comedic ad. Overall I think this ad was very good and something that would convince me to buy planter's products.

Re: Planter-Road Trip

Tony Yang
I agree that the commercial is mindful. It shows the sacrificial act of Mr. Peanut and his legacy that brings people together. I think it is a funny commercial that is very light-hearted as well.

Body armor

malikn
Another that watched was body armor, I believe this was simple-minded because it aimed at improving athletic performance and a person’s physical health. I thought the ad showed a lot of promising aspects in the video but I believe does not reach the expectations for social problems.

Re: Planter-Road Trip

Aaron Fukumura
While I think the ad itself is mindful, the circumstance under which it was released may not have been as mindful as well as Planters' marketing since then that stemmed from this commercial. With Kobe Bryant's death having only been the previous week, I know there were many who saw the commercial as inconsiderate to Kobe's tragic death from a helicopter crash. While there wasn't enough time to create a new one to replace it, some sort of public statement regarding this sentiment would have been nice.

Re: Planter-Road Trip

timbrelm
I agree that this ad is very simple and straightforward. Because of the simplicity of the ad I'm not entirely sure many viewers will catch on to the deeper underlying meaning of the ad. If someone is able to dive deeper they will understand the ad is communicating the importance of their consumers.

Re: Planter-Road Trip

jessicaroat
I really appreciate the simplicity of this ad. While it may seem like a bit of a stretch, it is fairly clear that the symbolism in the ad demonstrates the idea that Planter is willing to prioritize the needs of its customers rather than just valuing its own personal gain. During the pandemic, more than ever, people are looking for brands that will truly support their customers and consider their best interests. I would say that this ad is mindful yet there are a few elements that may be considered a bit too dramatic for all audiences.

Re: Planter-Road Trip

jammyla
I agree that this had a semi-profound image. It's interesting to see how Planters values its customers, not only because he dies for them, but also because they are hanging out together. It shows that not only does Planters value them, but that Planters is there to be with them in the best and worst moments. I think that this is a mindful ad because even though it portrays an accident, it is in a sensitive way and it makes sure the consumer knows about them so it also creates value for the company.

Re: Planter-Road Trip

brandonb17
This planters commercial was strange in my opinion, I couldn't quite grasp the intent until I read some comments on here. I didn't understand why he dropped and couldn't see how it added stakeholder value, therefore it is simple minded!

Re: Planter-Road Trip

emmatrump
After watching the Planters-Road Trip ad I agree that while the video was short and simple it was still very mindful in the way it was conveyed. I thought the ad was pretty entertaining and light-hearted which is a nice thing to see these days. The short storyline that was conveyed through it was just the right amount of compelling, and definitely encourages consumers to check out Planters products. I like the emphasis on the message Planters is trying to send out by having Mr. Peanut let go of the branch first to save the other two guys. This shows their consumers that they value them and will be loyal to them, all of which are important aspects of a mindful ad.

Re: Planter-Road Trip

ElaineB
I would say that this add was simple-minded. I thought the ad could’ve better communicated it’s product and values although I do think this particular ad tried to emphasize its appreciation and value of its customers. However, I think the consumer would have to work very hard to get any meaningful message out of this ad, making it simple-minded.