Gorilla Repair Tape

Kamu Makue
I thought the ad was pretty simple. The point is to emphasize that Gorilla tape is superior to duct tape and other adhesives. Within the ad itself, I wasn't persuaded to buy the tape, more so because it still leaves ambiguity with the tape durability. I do think it promote societal values because it shows the woman being wiser and more capable than the guy. There's a subtle push for feminism within the video itself. During the time the guy takes to fix one thing, the woman managed to fix everything else. So with that, they are appealing to what society sees more fitting. Overall, I would say it's a Simple-minded ad.

Re: Gorilla Repair Tape

Caroline Wyatt
I thought that the ad was pretty single minded. I think that Gorilla Tape had the woman complete all of those tasks so quickly because it was supposed to show how easy Gorilla tape is to use. In the time it took the man to fix the grill -including the time he "wasted" trying to fix it with normal duct tape- she was able to fix many things because the Gorilla Tape is easy to use. I do think that you made a good point about how the ad does not include anything about the durability of the tape, which is the most important part of it.

Gorilla Repair Tape

antonior
The Gorilla Tape commercial was very single minded from my point of view. Even though I think its an interesting ad, it upholds no societal values. It a very easy ad to understand, the woman in it completes all those tasks in the same time the man fixed just one thing the grill. This shows how easy it is to use the tape. The ad shows the best aspects of the tape and the reasons why the consumer should buy it, while making it funny and entertaining to the viewer. It is a very good ad for a product like tape, they kept it simple and to the point.

Re: Gorilla Repair Tape

Bill Keenan
In this ad the Gorilla Tough company shows off their product and how effective it truly is.  Although it was a good commercial I feel as if it was single minded, therefore not mindful marketing.  It showed how useful the product (tape) is but I do not feel as if it upholds societal values.  I feel this way because of how the each person completed their task(s).  The women completed everything with this tape in the same time period it took the male to complete one.  Therefore, mindful marketing was not present.  Although it shows off the product well while also using humor, I still believe this is single minded marketing.