Game of War

James Daughters
The Game of War add was single-minded. The commercial showed an epic battle going on while a queen rides out of the castle claiming to have something better to do. I think the people who enjoy these sort of games would be more likely to try this game out after watching this add, because the add invites you to participate in the war. Although this raises stakeholder's value, there weren't any societal values being presented in the add, making this commercial single-minded.

Re: Game of War

Joshua G
These Guys. It's like they took a page from Carl's Jr.'s playbook. It was coy. Playful. I am sure that it appeals to teenage guys who have nothing better to do than play video games. Obviously, it doesn't represent any societal value. That being said, I am not sure that it added value to the brand. I believe this was a super bowl advertisement. Meaning many families were shown this commercial. It is possible that girlfriends and mom's would have been moved to oppose the brand and it's product. If not, why not? At best this was an instance of single-minded marketing.

Re: Game of War

jocelynkchu
These types of commercials remind me of the godaddy.com commercials. There is little societal value and actually continues to allow individuals to think about women in a single-minded way. The value of the stakeholders is increased because this commercial intrigues possible gamers through visual appeal.