Cheetos - Can't Touch This Ad

12

Cheetos - Can't Touch This Ad

David Wong
Although a very creative and humorous way to showcase a new product, I believe it does not classify as mindful marketing. Because Cheetos is a universal product and a snack that is loved by children, the imagery and illustrations within the ad can convey a bad message. Throughout the video, the person eating the Cheetos is unwilling to help because of the Cheeto dust on their fingers. Although small, the possibility of children imitating the ad and the unwillingness to help others remains prevalent.

Re: Cheetos - Can't Touch This Ad

felixzrte
I agree with this by saying this commercial doesn’t portray mindful marketing. Its only purpose is to be funny which can be effective at times, but I feel like in this case it didn’t really work. I know that Cheeto adds are typically meant to be humorous so possibly for kids, this ad works well. Although I still say it doesn’t portray mindful marketing because the ad still doesn’t leave a good message for kids so at most this would be single-minded and only value would be for stakeholders.

digital marketing course institute in delhi

dgroyals
Digital Marketing Course is designed for those who wanted to start their career in the digital marketing field with a high paying job in the Industry with 32 Advanced Modules.

digital marketing institute Delhi

Re: Cheetos - Can't Touch This Ad

Marwan Bahu
I feel that the Cheetos ad was single-minded because, although meant to be funny, it did not uphold and societal values. I found that the commercial still did a good job at marketing their product to create stockholder value, so I would say the commercial was single-minded.

Re: Cheetos - Can't Touch This Ad

Jeremiah Kim
I thought the advertisement was pretty humorous and appealed to both younger generations and older generations.  However, I would classify this ad as simple-minded due to the effect that it can have on the younger audience.  The character displays an unwillingness to help others due to the Cheeto dust which might have a negative impact on how younger people grow up and relate to situations similar to those in their own lives.

Re: Cheetos - Can't Touch This Ad

eugene hong
I don't think this ad portrays mindful marketing. I feel like the only purpose of this ad is to be funny and entertaining, which at times can be helpful, but didn't contribute at all to the marketing of the product. However, this ad may be helpful for kids, because they love the cheetos brand and the humor behind it. I do believe that this is still single-minded marketing, because it only provides benefit for the stakeholder value and has no societal value.

Re: Cheetos - Can't Touch This Ad

Sarah Lewis
I personally found this ad to be humorous but I would have to agree that it is not mindful marketing. While Cheetos does a good job in marketing their product, they don’t seem to be doing it with a societal value. I would consider this ad to be single-minded because it only benefits the stockholder and does not uphold any societal values.

Re: Cheetos - Can't Touch This Ad

rebekapreston
This ad does not display mindful marketing. It is a very humorous and memorable ad, but for the wrong reasons. The ad in no way does a good job of portraying why I should actually buy Cheetos.

Re: Cheetos - Can't Touch This Ad

jdgunn
Hey David, I agree with your assessment of the Cheetos ad. I think sometimes comedy is a good way to market, but I think in this situation it is mindless. I believe that the man who refuses to help is not upholding good societal values and therefore this commercial is not a mindful commercial. I also agree with you with the idea that Cheetos are loved by children and this is a poor example of upholding societal value.

Re: Cheetos - Can't Touch This Ad

Ana Norio bran
I think that this ad is as most have said not mindful marketing. While it is entertaining and grabs attention, I think it misses the mark as to why people should invest in this product. Adding an element to make Cheetos the best chip brand could help this ad.

Re: Cheetos - Can't Touch This Ad

Samantha Penor
Hi David, I agree with you that even though this ad is effective and funny, it does not uphold social responsibility because of the selfish message that is conveyed. A lot of the younger generation and kids enjoy Cheetos and I feel like these ads are most watched by this audience where the poor message may have a negative influence.

Re: Cheetos - Can't Touch This Ad

isabellasalinas
I agree that it should not be classified as mindful marketing, but rather single minded marketing. The company is not prompting a helpful message to influence kids into better behavior. They are more aimed on creating an entertaining ad, which is only helpful to a certain degree.

Re: Cheetos - Can't Touch This Ad

AlissaWooley
I thought that this ad was a great way to incorporate humor and popularity. Bringing in the “can’t touch this phrase” was such a simple way to incorporate an idea that is incredibly popular. With this, they are able to reach a large audience. While I wouldn’t necessarily say it was a mindful ad, because of the simplicity, I would say that it was effective.

Re: Cheetos - Can't Touch This Ad

Jennar
I agree that this ad represents a single-minded strategy. Although it is funny, it does not uphold societal values in the way that such a well established company should. There is too much danger in kids, or other impressionable listeners replicating the behaviors in the video.

Re: Cheetos - Can't Touch This Ad

Tony Yang
I also agree that Cheeto's "Can't touch this" commercial is mindful marketing. Even though it is a humorous commercial with a catchy song, the commercial simply does not provide or communicate any social value to the viewers. It might not be Frito-lay's intention to influence children to not help others, but it is also unavoidable to have this kind of side effect on children.

Re: Cheetos - Can't Touch This Ad

AndrewGarcia
I agree Alissa, I think that it was a great way to have humor while still showing the product. I think that a classic song like "Can't Touch This" will help people remember the product. I do not think it was mindful but I thought it was memorable.

Re: Cheetos - Can't Touch This Ad

jcderksen
This ad was enjoyable and featured a fun song to go along with it. While this may promote a "bad message," I personally do not believe that matters all that much. If someone chooses to become unhelpful because of a 30-second ad, that is on them and reveals their ability to be easily influenced. It is also common to have "Cheeto fingers" and this commercial addresses that and sells the idea further. Nothing wrong here!

Uber ad

malikn
What I like about this Uber ad is that it was very friendly to the audience and it was simply asking for people to stay home and not use Uber because of the coronavirus. They were trying to market about the current issues we face today with this pandemic. It thought the ad was mindful because it aims at a bigger topic which is a current social issue.

Re: Cheetos - Can't Touch This Ad

audreyjohnson
I agree that this commercial was pretty humorous. Though it definitely fits the simple-minded view as the behavior it encourages isn't socially acceptable. This could very well harm the younger generations as this is not a type of behavior we want to condone.

Re: Cheetos - Can't Touch This Ad

Jack Farrah
This ad is creative and catches the attention of viewers who might be interested in their new product. However, it doesn't uphold the societal value of helping one another. This not only sends a bad message to adults but to kids who see the ad as well. It tells them that if your hands are always messy, then you don't have to help with anything. Cheetos demonstrated a perfect example of single-minded marketing with this commercial.
12